All personally identifying information on this site discovered utilizing resources readily available to the general public. All publicly-obtainable court documents, media reports, and any content of similar nature, provided herein or linked to were pre-published elsewhere by parties other than myself. General images along with my personal photographs are garnered via publicly accessible sources through legal means. The purpose for republishing or otherwise publicizing the information is simply to support the content contained herein.

20091223

Shall I Eat My Crow With A Fork Or A Spoon?

Okay. There’s a chance that I HeArTE JADE is not above embellishment.

Like, I might exaggerate how attractive I believe Granville Fields is. I may say that I would crawl a mile and a half on scalding tar with bloody skinned hands and knees through anthrax-tinged toxic industrial waste just to have a three second glimpse of the beautiful JADE Detective’s perfectly shaped powerful calf muscles, whereas, in actuality, I’m only willing to crawl a mile and a quarter.

But when it comes to incontrovertible facts, I try very, very, hard to keep it real. That way, any given person at any given time could check any given information I provide and find it solid. Credibility is way high on my list.

So I was massively ticked off to find out I’d made a mistake. A stupid mistake. A stupid and avoidable mistake.

I’m sure you’re dying to know what I was wrong about, aren’t you?

Jeffrey M. Terry.

To recap: I was told by somebody who’d definitely be in the know -- ahem, Officer JumpOut -- that Mr. Terry, a Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement target, had escaped prosecution. Since I, also a Task Force target, ostensibly did not fair as well as the dope man, I composed a whole bewilderment-inspired comparison in which I waxed poetic about injustices.

Now here I am with a shovel scooping up the poo left by my high horse.

Yes, I realize it’s completely my fault. I didn’t put the same effort into verification as I usually do. For one, the details I’d gotten seemed plausible; two, I had a tremendous amount of faith in my original source; and three, what can I say? I was riled up!

It just didn’t enter my mind that Jeffrey Terry would be pleading guilty in Federal Court.