All personally identifying information on this site discovered utilizing resources readily available to the general public. All publicly-obtainable court documents, media reports, and any content of similar nature, provided herein or linked to were pre-published elsewhere by parties other than myself. General images along with my personal photographs are garnered via publicly accessible sources through legal means. The purpose for republishing or otherwise publicizing the information is simply to support the content contained herein.

20091128

A Policeman Knew My Name

♫ Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
‘Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?) ♫


There’s no shortage of people cycling through the Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement workplace. Back when I was first trying to figure out who the Task Force members were, I found myself especially having a blast identifying a number of other cops in order to weed them out from those on the elite narcotics squad.

Uniform-wearing law enforcement posed no problem as obviously I needed only read their name tags:



Plainclothes policemen were a bit trickier and it often took some inventiveness to learn who they were. One such non-JADE officer was of course Charlottesville detective Todd Lucas:



The driver of this vehicle showed up on JADE scenes often enough to pique my curiosity:



I found out the cute Pontiac Grand Prix belongs to D.J. Harris, another non-JADE city detective. He’s this guy in the dark blue shirt:





David Harris is married to federal public defender Andrea Harris, a fact which one of my sources tells me gives his fellow boys in blue something to occasionally grumble about. With one Harris lockin’ thugs up and the other gettin’ them out, I reckon so.

I havta say the Who’s That LEO? game can be highly addictive. When leaving the Harris’ neighborhood, after taking these pictures and ensuring I’d been correct about the man’s identity:




I spotted this has-5-0-written-all-over-it car:



‘Twas sorta hard to miss that hockey puck antenna. Turned out that particular Dodge Intrepid is being used by Albemarle County Sergeant Amos Chiarappa.

Speaking of identifying ACPD men, I do believe I’m almost through ID-ing their Tactical Team:



An addiction, it is.