All personally identifying information on this site discovered utilizing resources readily available to the general public. All publicly-obtainable court documents, media reports, and any content of similar nature, provided herein or linked to were pre-published elsewhere by parties other than myself. General images along with my personal photographs are garnered via publicly accessible sources through legal means. The purpose for republishing or otherwise publicizing the information is simply to support the content contained herein.

20101228

Infinitesimal Reflections AKA Evidence Locker #3


(Left: ATF Agent Michael Moore
Center: CPD Detective Todd Lucas
Right: ATF Agent Dave Stone)


From my last court experience, I learned:
  • The fantastic fanatic ATFer David Stone is purportedly in the Richmond VA area, not Washington DC as I’d been led to believe. Kinda cool since I don’t make many trips to DC, whereas I do venture over the Richmond way quite a bit these days. Now, let’s see, where, oh where, is that Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives office located again?
  • Charlottesville Detective (and have I ever mentioned gang aficionado?) Todd Lucas is not merely good-natured, he’s borderline comedian.
  • Scott Cox looks better in a Greene County Sheriff’s Office uniform than he did in an Albemarle County Police Department uniform. But he’s decidedly yummiest in Tac garb.
  • Whom. Eons back, VSP Bureau of Criminal Investigations’ Special Agent Jason Trent blurted out to me that I’d published photographs of a car belonging to a Jefferson Area Drug Enforcement Task Force Confidential Informant. ‘Twas news to me. So, for the purpose of removing said images from I HeArTE JADE, I begged him to tell me which; he, being LEO-typical contrite to helpfulness, refused. Here it is, like, hello, over a year later, and thanks to Greene County Commonwealth Attorney Ron Morris and ATF Agent John Stoltz inadvertent rendering, I have the information! Only… I don’t want to delete pictures of the vehicle at this point because:
  • They’ve already been on the site for, like, hello, over a year.
  • They’re in a hilarious post, stemming from a hilarious event.
  • The victim of the CI is wise to who snitched him out anyway.
  • I don’t want to draw any more attention to them than, well, than I just did.
  • Speaking of crazy admissions by the CA and Mr. Stoltz, I was shocked to hear them acknowledge jastoltz is in fact the computer login user ID of the latter. I mean, sure, obviously I knew it was, but I didn’t think they would want anyone else to know I knew. And I almost laughed out loud when Mr. Morris woefully confessed to the courtroom they’re aware I have sources but were unable to unearth them. Yes, yes, yes! I protect my CIs better than policemen do theirs! Nah ner nah ner nah ner.
  • Officers do a very good job of weaseling out of answering questions they don’t want to.
  • Officers don’t do a very good job of appearing as if they aren’t trying to weasel out of answering questions they don’t want to.
  • If I had a penny for every time one of the local rank and file cops as well as Federal Agents name-dropped C-ville’s Chief of Police, Tim Longo, I’d be able to pay off all my court costs.
  • When I grow up I reallyreallyreally really want to be a Computer Forensic Expert. Or maybe a Fairy Princess.
  • There are both advantages and disadvantages to not setting the time and date correctly on one’s camera.
  • My court-appointed lawyer was the uber-awesomest.
  • Finally, I learned that a Judge -- even one who’s a former State Trooper -- will not always side with members of Law Enforcement. ‘Specially if doing so puts him at risk of seeming plumb brainsick.