All personally identifying information on this site discovered utilizing resources readily available to the general public. All publicly-obtainable court documents, media reports, and any content of similar nature, provided herein or linked to were pre-published elsewhere by parties other than myself. General images along with my personal photographs are garnered via publicly accessible sources through legal means. The purpose for republishing or otherwise publicizing the information is simply to support the content contained herein.

20110927

It All Started With An Ewwwwww...

Yours truly is now officially Facebooking. Which is odd, because I have been extremely vocal about what a bad idea it is to belong to social networking sites. Aside from the majority, I believe, of participants being unaware of how much personal information they are unwittingly making publicly available -- Think you’ve got your page under heavy lockdown? Think again! --, your merely signing up gives Facebook the authority to do anything they so wish with what you publish:
Sharing Your Content and Information

You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:

1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License).
What triggered my mind change enough to disregard my feelings about the abovementioned was that I recently got disturbingly sickening details about Special Agent Gattuso and I was compelled to comment on it. However, it doesn’t yet go with the flow of my blog about him and I’m trying not to clutter up I HeArTE JADE with stuff about the guy -- not too much, that is. Plus, since pictures in web tables do not look pretty on blogspot, I wanted a convenient place to create a photo album for my My State Policeman site.

Mostly I think it’ll be interesting to finally have a corner where I’m not limited to specific topics; I can blather about anything. Hoorah!

For kicks, I’ve sent friend requests to various members of Law Enforcement who know me to see if they’ll be daring enough to accept.